Kirapaddy Recipe: Steamed Mini Meat Mushroom Cups
Craving some steamed rice cups with your favourite toppings but don't want to take in those high calories from sticky rice? Here's one of our best recipes with Kirapaddy - and you'll still get top taste in a healthy version.
Steamed Mini Meat and Mushroom Rice Cups
PREP TIME 20min
COOKING TIME 25min
- 1 cup Kirapaddy rice rinsed once
- 150g meat (chicken/ pork)
- 1 handful of Oyster mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 handful of Button mushrooms (halved)
- 3 cups stock (boiled bones or from packet)
- 1 thumb Ginger (sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbl Oyster sauce
- 2 tbl Olive oil
- 1 tbl Light soya sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Kecap manis
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring onion/ coriander, garnish
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan over medium heat, fry garlic and some sliced ginger until fragrant.
- Add uncooked Kirapaddy, 2.5 cups stock, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and fry until the stock is absorbed by the rice. Then add 1 tsp of sesame oil. Set aside.
- Fry meat in remaining olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add sliced ginger, mushrooms, season with oyster sauce, salt and pepper, light soya sauce and kecap manis.
- Add ¼ cup of stock and fry until the mixture has reduced slightly. Thicken with some cornstarch water. Set aside.
- Take 4 small bowls/ glass containers and divide the cooked mushroom and meat mixture into the bowls.
- Fill the rest of the bowl with fried Kirapaddy set aside earlier.
- Top up all the bowls with stock until the rice is covered. Steam in steamer for 25min.
- Turn them over individually onto a plate and garnish with spring onion to serve. Enjoy!